Guidelines for the submission of proposals
Applicants have to fill in the electronic form on the application page as well as upload the application as a single pdf-document (10 MB max) before the deadlines of May 1st and October 1st (1pm CET). For this purpose, you will have to enter a valid e-mail address to which the link with the webpage of the actual form will be sent. This link will be valid for 25 hours or until the deadline, whichever comes first.
Proposals can be submitted either in German or English and should follow the structure outlined below. Concentrate your proposal on the information necessary to evaluate your proposal fairly. There is no explicit restriction in length, but we ask you to follow Einsteins rule: “Keep it as short as possible, but not shorter!”
Projects can be granted for a maximum period of three years, projects with a longer duration need to be submitted as a separate continuation proposal. The amounts granted vary with the type of project either around 10'000 CHF or around 50’000 CHF and only rarely exceed 100’000 CHF.
Additional costs of projects already funded by the SNF, the ERC or similar national and international funding agencies are not granted. Similarly, the cogito foundation does not cover overhead costs of the institution (according to the recommendations of Swissfoundations). Research projects need to show an affiliation with a University.
Contents of a proposal (As a single PDF)
- Summary of the research plan (1/2 page).
- Relevance of the project for the cogito foundation.
- information regarding the project:
e.g. description of planned activities, schedule of the conference incl. speakers; timeline; implementation of results
- Requested amount in CHF including a detailed budget.
- Available infrastructure, contributions from third parties, proposed plan of payments.
- General information about the project leader (CV).
- Legal requirements:
- Confirmation that the rules and bylaws have been read and accepted; Date, signature.